Updated: December 20th, 2021
Please see the latest Canadian travel and border measures now in effect. Travelers should contact their Skyservice representative for additional questions around the new Canadian Government requirements.
Safety and service excellence guides our approach on how we treat our customers and employees and has been the foundation to how we are approaching the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As the situation with COVID-19 continues, Skyservice wishes to provide certainty to our valued customers that your safety and well-being is our top priority.
Each of Skyservice’s Fixed Based Operations (FBO) facilities follow the Safety 1st Clean™ standard. Designed by the National Air Transportation Association (NATA) Safety Committee, this standard provides expert guidance and measures from the government and other leading agencies on facility cleaning, disinfecting, and facility operations in a response to a pandemic.
Along with our Safety 1st Clean™ Standard of operations, Skyservice has also added Hypochlorous Acid fogging as an extra preventative measure to sanitize and disinfect our locations and equipment that are difficult to clean through conventional methods. Hypochlorous Acid is certified by Canada Health as a disinfectant for use against COVID-19. It is 100% safe, non-toxic, environmentally friendly, and clinically proven to be 100 times more effective than sodium hypochlorite (used in bleach).
Skyservice will continuously review our Federal Government, Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and World Health Organization (WHO) updates to ensure that our organization maintains the highest levels of preventative measures. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our top priority.
Skyservice COVID-19 Response Plan
- All Skyservice business lines are open and providing 24/7 customer service and support at each of our facilities. All customers will be provided PPE kits for travel purposes. The PPE kit includes safety masks, gloves, sanitizer packets and disposable bag to safe disposal.
- For safety, all individuals entering our facilities are required to wear a face covering/face mask, and observe social distancing requirements.
- Our facilities are routinely disinfected with Hypochlorous Acid Fogging, a non-toxic, environmentally friendly solution that is a registered disinfectant for use against COVID-19.
Skyservice will assess each travel request on a case-by-case basis as travel restrictions are changing rapidly.
- The ability to travel remains complex with some countries continuing to have closed borders, and others requesting additional documentation, COVID-19 testing and visas to gain entry.
PRE-FLIGHT SCREENING & ON-BOARD REQUIREMENTS
To support the safety requirements and mandates, customers experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of destination, will be unable to board an aircraft. Masks are requested to be worn in cabin when social distancing is unavailable.
INTERNATIONAL & TRANSBORDER FLIGHTS
In effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Canada has issued travel advisories to limit travel.
Border restrictions with the United States have changed. American citizens and permanent residents of the United States, who currently reside in the United States, who meet specific criteria to qualify as fully vaccinated are allowed to travel to Canada for non-essential purposes.
Border restriction for International travelers have changed. All foreign nationals who qualify as fully vaccinated can travel to Canada for non-essential reasons.
Requirements for Entering Canada by Air
Canadian citizens, people registered under the Indian Act, permanent residents of Canada, or protected persons (refugee status) are allowed to enter Canada, regardless of their vaccination status. All International travelers entering Canada must be fully vaccinated. Pre-arrival molecular testing will be required for international/transborder trips of all duration and the tests must be taken in a country other than Canada; this includes trips that are less than 72 hours.
More information on Canadian entry requirements are here.
Requirements for Air Departures
All individuals departing from a Canadian airport for Domestic, Transborder or International flights are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated or providing a valid temporary exemption request along with a proof of a valid negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72-hours prior to departure. These requirements are in effect for all air travelers 12 years and four months of age and older.
All travellers, regardless of how long they were away from Canada, continue to be required to submit their mandatory information via ArriveCAN (free mobile app or website), including proof of vaccination in English or French and a quarantine plan prior to arriving in Canada.
Canada has three new vaccines that travelers can receive to be considered fully immunized against COVID-19. The following vaccines will be approved in Canada:
- AstraZeneca; and
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson.
- All aircraft returning to Canada or obtaining maintenance or FBO services are required to be disinfected.
- Skyservice offers Aviation Clean Air services for cabin aircraft cleaning; a patented bi-polar ionization cleaning and environmentally friendly and safe clean air solution.
- Additional cleaning, clean air, and decontamination services are also available.
- Requests for AOG maintenance is available across Canada and on an one case-by-case basis to Transborder and International locations.
- Installation for Aviation Clean Air Solutions is available at each of our Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul locations. This patented solution neutralizes pathogens in the air and on surfaces throughout the cabin and for the duration of a flight. Learn More. Learn More.
- All aircraft will need to be disinfected prior to work being performed.
- Health assessments on passengers will be conducted by your flight crew.
- Crew changes may occur, as we provide our Pilots the choice to work on cross-border and International flights during this time.
- Flight crews shall always wear proper PPE equipment, including face masks/coverings while onboard and assisting passengers.
- We have reduced our staff at our facilities to ensure your safety and to provide you with the same high level of service that you have known Skyservice to deliver.
- Our staff have been properly notified and trained on best practices to prevent the virus from spreading.
- Facial coverings/masks are mandatory inside any of our facilities, and when assisting customer outside.
- Skyservice has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting our facilities and offices with added attention to high traffic and customer and pilot lounge areas.
- Social distancing markers are in place at each our FBO facilities to ensure a six foot radius between our guests.
- Hand sanitation stations are situated throughout our facilities.